Thursday, January 28, 2010

Participant Reflections

On Thursday, we discussed the participants opinions about and the reactions to the conference, asking them each to say a few words. The following bullets were their reactions:
  • I thought that all of our coordinators were really cool and didn't really tell us to get to work if we got distracted. It seemed that they knew when we needed a break and when we should be doing work.

  • I really enjoyed the sense of community that developed amngst all of us, we worked together really well.

  • I enjoyed the chance to work with everyone and I thought that we didn't really split into cliques but instead worked as a whole.

  • I feel as if I have a much better understanding of all the different cultures that everyone was from. We have people from the United States from Singapore; from Turkey to Belgium and I feel as if I have a much more rounded view of the world now.

  • I felt that the workshop discussions were really useful and I thought the variety of individual feedback that we got during the peer reviews was great, we really got to share our honest opinions on other people's projects.

  • I felt that the conference was really fun but that we had some time where we weren't doing anything but waiting — I think that we could have accomplished the same amount of stuff with shorter days.

  • The formalities and also the informalities of discussion were nice — the balance worked well.

  • I think what was especially interesting was not only did we get to learn about other people's cultures, I think we really learned about our own cultures as well. We really got to examine the stereotypes and feelings inherent in our own societies.

  • What I think I like best was that even if I don't end up finishing the project that I planned to do, i really learned “how-to-do-a-project” in the future.

  • I liked the conference on the whole but I would have really liked more interaction with all of the other committees.

  • I really was forced to think about issues that I never thought about before and the ones that I did know, I thougt about it different and new ways.

  • I really appreciated that we not only learned about Gender Issues but that we really learned about a whole range of issues, some of which are related and some of which aren't.

  • I really liked making all the new friends.

  • I like how we got to take pictures as well as work really hard, both sides are really important and I like how both were expressed.

  • In Singapore education is caged is really caged. At TYA, I really liked the cooperation, and the freedom to share ideas. This is truly the best form of education

No comments:

Post a Comment